Saturday, February 28, 2009

Domine Deus


Domine Deus
This was one of those pieces that almost assembled itself. The three main elements were purchased at an Art Fest Vendor Nite a couple of years ago. That night when I was back at the hotel looking over my purchases, the tin heart, the sprinkler part and the porcelain doll's head ended up laying next to each other. An a-ha moment! It took me over a year before I conceived the rest of the piece, adding the rosary, dried rose bud and illuminated manuscripts. I enjoy doing these "mini" assemblages in these little boxes( this one is 6"x6"), where each small component takes on a major significance. The name Domine Deus (Lord, God) is taken from the first words of each manuscript excerpt. Every time I look at it, I love the juxtaposition of the smooth porcelain of the doll against the vintage metal of the sprinkler.

No comments:

Post a Comment