Monday, November 2, 2009

Dia de los Muertos - Day 2

Within a 20 month span between 1999 and 2001 I lost both my parents and my older brother. And it is to them, along with my maternal grandparents that this ofrenda is dedicated.


My mother's parents (on the left) Guy (1880-1948 and Blanche (1885-1948) Ewart. This picture, in the 1920's in the garden at their house in Azusa, California. And my brother, Paul Michael Perry, in his senior picture, taken from us much too soon at the age of 53.

My mom and dad, Paul (1916-1999) and Becky (1925-2000) Perry

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Erin for sharing these beautiful family pictures. A lovely tribute...thanks for being part of dia de bloglandia.

    x..x
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wondrous sun-faced chair to remind us that whatever the circumstances, we are able to rise again. Such a meaningful memorial to what must have been a most sad and difficult time, shared with love and honor.

    ReplyDelete