Saturday, November 14, 2009

Workshop with Nick


After yesterday's mention of the workshop with Nick Bantock, I thought it would be fun to show you a couple of the pieces I did there. The one above is a landscape collage, using tiny bits of torn postage stamps. It took most of us in the class awhile before we could rip with impunity - but once we got started, it was quite fun!


This collage had us working on layering, layering,layering - constantly covering up and painting over with just bits of previous layers showing through. This is a sticking point for me, so it was a good exercise. I know it's what makes a piece like this interesting, but it is hard to lose things under the layers. I have to keep telling myself that they're buried in the piece and giving it it's final form, even if they aren't visible.

Nick & me

No comments:

Post a Comment