Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!!


We'll be flying out early tomorrow morning for New England - and a chance for this native Southern Californian to have lots of snow. When I was a kid, we'd go "visit" the snow at Mt. Baldy for an afternoon. In my thirties I lived in eastern San Luis Obispo County (where it does get cold in the winter) and we'd have very light snow every other year or so - 2" or so and it would melt in a day or so. And three years ago when I went to a Lynne Perrella/Anne Bagby workshop in Taos there was snow - but I've never since BIG snow like they have back east. We'll be staying with our dear friend Franny at her cabin onLower Kimball Pond in New Hampshire.



So of course this is a chance for a wonderful new travel journal - theme? Snow of course!



I've been gathering supplies. paper, ephemera and pix.


Prepping some pages, finding the
perfect embellishment for the cover



and getting very excited about getting started.


4 comments:

  1. Erin,

    I hope your visit to New Hampshire is as lovely as the sound & thought of it -- and that the thoughts that come to reside in that pretty journal you've created will be lovely too.

    It's good to fast from the familiar; I'm also thinking of winter travel, though for now, I'm thinking south rather than north. Maybe I'll fly to Miami and drive across the Florida Keys since that part of the country has always appealed to me. On a map, I see them as a bunch of exclamation points floating off Florida, which makes the thought of visiting hard to resist!

    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janell - We spent a week in January on Sanibel Island in Florida a few years ago. It was a lovely time, warm water, lots of shells and fun boat trips to other islands. This is a complete 180 being here in the Northeast. Nice and brisk!!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really look forward to seeing what you do with this. I'm so glad you have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been 5 days now and the journal's almost circular - there's no way this puppy will ever close again, LOL! I'll do a post or two about the finished journal once we're back!!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete