Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Full Tilt Boogie


Have jumped on the Full Tilt Boogie bandwaggon - about a year late, but that's the wonderful thing about Mary Ann Moss's wonderful on-line classes.  You can join anytime and once you have you're in for life!  FTB is all about making journals out of vintage photo albums.




  I'm about halfway through the videos 
and have started making my first book.


It was lots of fun gathering the materials - papers, fabric, ribbons, to say nothing of digging through the stash and actually finding two old albums - one covered in velvet, one in celluloid that are perfect for the projects.


I've made books before in workshop classes and always felt like I was a step and a half behind - I love being able to stop and start the videos, go back and move at my own pace.  Nice to feel some control instead of on the verge of panic!


Go to Mary Ann's blog, click on Full Tilt Boogie in the right hand column - the class is on sale through the end of May, so you have today and tomorrow to get all this goodness for a reduced rate!  And how can you beat that?!

4 comments:

  1. I wish all of your blog followers could see this in person -- page after page of fascinating ephemera and specialty papers, juxtaposed in ever-surprising ways. Lots of different page sizes, too. It's a wonder just to page through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Erin how great this is going to be. I would like to see it when I get to meet you in August. I also purchased FTB but alas, my day job sux all of my energy and I purchase but hang onto a ton of classes to play with later in life. Have fun with this. Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margot - Thanks, as you know it was not the easy project I every did (hence the swearing during the sewing part!), but I know the next one will be easier and I absolutely love the result!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon - I'm lucky in that I can take my netbook to work and watch the class videos on my breaks and lunch. Then when the weekends come I can quickly review them and work on the projects. It's so great that all these wonderful artists are doing online classes - I love art retreats, but finding the $$ and the time for them is sometimes just not in the cards.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete