Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Buried Treasure - Kiosk Art

It's time again for "Buried Treasure" - every year  Seth Apter of The Altered Page invites his readers to re-post a favourite blog entry and then lists them on his blog.  It becomes a wonderful blog hop and a great way to find blogs you might not otherwise come across.

This post first published in March 2011 following our trip to Portland, I love the decayed papers so much, I wanted to share them again



In Portland every telephone pole was covered in
posters, notices, flyers and announcements.


Some were in the process of being cleaned off,
leaving amazing bits and pieces and detritus behind.


Beautiful artworks in themselves.


I couldn't resist capturing them on film
and sharing them with you.

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. I, too, am always fascinated by the layers of decaying flyers we see when we visit Portland or when I walk around the University District here in Seattle. Thanks for digging up this bit of Buried Treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so fascinated by the pictures I took that I printed several of them out to use as pages in one of my journals.
      Erin

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Kim - Yes, we all love that distressed look don't we?!
      Erin

      Delete
  3. The texture is absolutely marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle - I loved the way the paper scraps that had gotten damp looked so organic - like strange fungi.
      Erin

      Delete
  4. Love these - especially the final one. Next time I'm strolling round town you know what I'll be looking out for!! Thanks for re-posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie - I like that one too - the staples are so cool!
      Erin

      Delete
  5. I love it when I find the artful in the ordinary! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth - I couldn't believe how cool these looked when I downloaded the photos!
      Erin

      Delete
  6. Did I miss this one the first time? I know I've been following you for years... But these are so groovy. I want to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris - I've always admired your sense of style!
      Erin

      Delete